Amelia Perfect Smile offers a full range of periodontal care. We treat many periodontal issues and pride ourselves on patient satisfaction. Our treatment recommendations are usually conservative, and we limit surgery when necessary.
Our Periodontal Care Services
Early-stage periodontal disease is best treated with nonsurgical therapy. Even in severe cases, there are nonsurgical therapies that we may recommend before surgery. Amelia Perfect Smile’s philosophy is to limit surgery to protect the overall tissue quality of a patient’s mouth. Some of the periodontal services that we can perform are:
- Guided Tissue Regeneration
- Gum Contouring and Reshaping
- Gum Grafting
- Laser Therapy
- Periodontal Cleaning
- Periodontal Splint
- Scaling and Root Planing
Periodontal Care Actions you can take.
We can perform many treatments that help without involving surgery. Here are a few important actions you can take that can reduce or prevent periodontal issues:
- Brush your teeth twice a day or, better yet, after every meal or snack.
- Use a soft toothbrush and replace it at least every three months.
- Consider using an electric toothbrush, which may be more effective at removing plaque and tartar.
- Floss daily.
- Use a mouth rinse to help reduce plaque between your teeth.
- Supplement brushing and flossing with an interdental cleaner, such as a dental pick, interdental brush, or dental stick specially designed to clean between your teeth.
- Get regular professional dental cleanings.
- Don’t smoke or chew tobacco.
Periodontitis can be stopped if caught and treated early enough. Treatment is typically very successful. If you believe you need periodontal care, don’t hesitate to contact us today. We’d love to hear from you and would be happy to answer any questions you might have.